The Carolina Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program (CGWEP) Online Series
The Carolina Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program (CGWEP) is funded by the federal agency Health Resources and Services Administration and the Department of Health and Human Services. The CGWEP is proud to have recently been awarded five years of continuation funding through June 2024.
CGWEP is on the cutting edge of health care, promoting evidence-based fall prevention training, developing practitioner core competencies in geriatrics and interdisciplinary practice, providing faculty development in health literacy, and advocating for mental health for older adults.
- Healthy IDEAS: Depression Screening and Intervention Program for Older Adults - $10
- Preparing Community Health Workers and Promotores to Prevent and Reduce Falls Among Older Adults - Free
- The Otago Exercise Program: Falls Prevention Training - $50
- Comfort First Dementia Care Training: Mod 1: Understanding the Person with Dementia; Mod 2: Promoting Quality of Life and Comfort - $15
- Comfort First Dementia Care Training: Mod 3: Working as a Team to Put Comfort First; Mod 4: Responding When People with Dementia are Sad or Distressed - $15
- Comfort First Dementia Care Training: Mod 5: Addressing Pain for People with Dementia; Mod 6: Making Comfort First - $15